HOURLY RATE: $200 + tax PER HOUR
DEPOSIT: A deposit is required to secure your appointment ($150). These are non-refundable.
If you cancel your tattoo and choose not to re-book your deposit is non-refundable.
We require 24 hours notice. If you do not cancel or re-book your tattoo within that 24 hours your deposit is lost and a new deposit will be required to book a new tattoo session.
CONSULTATIONS AND DRAWINGS:
Consultations are free and can be done over the phone, text, email or through a booked appointment with your Artist. They usually take between 15 and 30 minutes.
Custom drawings can range from $60 dollars to $180 depending on the size and detail of your tattoo design. This cost does not come off the price of your tattoo.
We do not do free touch-ups on tattoos. Touch-ups are $100 + tax per hour.
HAND AND FOOT TATTOOS:
Due to the area and location we do not offer free touch-ups. Please consider these areas before tattooing them as they do not last long and can wear off fast due to excessive rubbing and usage.
YOU SHOULD NOT GET TATTOOED IF YOU ARE:
- Pregnant or breast feeding.
- We will not tattoo you if you are Drunk, rude, or under the influence
YOU SHOULD NOT GET TATTOOED IF YOU ARE DOING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES 2-3 WEEKS AFTER YOUR TATTOO:
- Swimming or submerging your tattoo under water
- Doing vigorous activities that cause the scabs to rub off or cause the tattoo to become irritated (gym, running, yoga, weightlifting)
- Rolling in sand, dirt or mud
DO YOU TAKE WALK INS:
WE ARE A PRIVATE SHOP, therefore you must call to make an appointment to speak with an artist or book a consultation.
HOW OLD DO I HAVE TO BE TO GET A TATTOO:
You must be at least 18 years old. No person under the age will be tattooed at Authentic Ink Tattoo.
- We recommend Unscented Hand lotion, which you will apply 3-4 times a day for approximately 4 weeks.
- Use Unscented hand soap to clean your tattoo 3-4 times a day.
- Wash your hands before each application to avoid infections.
- Use clean paper towels.
- Rest: Don't plan to go out right after your tattoo. You have an open would, treat it as such.
- When you leave Authentic Ink Tattoo you will have a bandage on your tattoo. Please note, that
once the bandage is removed you must not re-bandage your tattoo for the duration of the healing process.
IS YOUR SHOP CLEAN AND SAFE
We are implementing the following protocols to keep our clients and artists safe.
Screening for COVID-19 Symptoms and travel restrictions
Authentic Ink Tattoo is a health board approved studio. We have passed health board inspections and receive monthly inspections by a certified Health Inspector.All of our equipment and surfaces are cleaned with Medical Grade Cleaners. We use single-use covers for all our tattoo machines, wash bottles and clip cords. Single use dental bibs, arm sleeves and gloves are disposed of immediately after each tattoo.
We use 100% disposable needles, tubes and grips and our single use needles, and tubes are individually packaged and sealed until the client has arrived. Once used the needles are disposed in Biomed sharps container and sent off securely for proper disposable.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR A TATTOO:
- Do not Drink or consume any alcohol before getting a tattoo, this includes the night before. Alcohol thins the blood and promotes excess bleeding. It also rejects the tattoo ink and procedure.
- Don't take any aspirin or pain-killers that contain aspirin or ibuprofen, these thin the blood and promote excess bleeding which means a longer healing period and may take longer for the process of your tattoo
- Don't take illegal drugs before getting a tattoo, these could also promote excessive bleeding, plus we will not tattoo you if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- If you are taking prescription medication, check with your doctor first, you may need to skip your dosage for that day, depending on what you are taking. We may also require a Doctors note stating that it is safe for you to receive a tattoo.
- Make sure you eat a good meal prior to getting tattooed and feel free to bring a snack or something to drink.